Mr. Greg Kilchenstein – OSD
Mr. Greg Russell – USMC
Mr. Kurt Doehnert – NAVSEA
Mr. Eric Hoover – Army
Mr. Tim Serafin – NAVAIR
Mr. Robert Kestler – FRC-E
Ms. Debbie Lilu – NCMS
Mr. Ray Langlais – LMI
On 7 January, 2015 the Joint Technology Exchange Group (JTEG) Principals and representatives conducted a teleconference to discuss the monthly technology forums. A brief summary of the teleconference follows:
Electronic Point of Maintenance Inspection and Repair Data Tools Forum:
The JTEG will host a virtual technology forum on 3 February from 1:00-3:00 pm EST. The topic is Electronic Point of Maintenance Inspection and Repair Data Tools Forum. (See attached abstract and agenda for more detail) The group discussed technologies to include in the session. It was agreed to include the Electronic Technical Work Document (eTWD) from NAVSEA, Automated Process and Inspection Guide (AP&IG) from RRAD & OC-ALC, and Digital Pen and Paper from FRC-SW.
Action: Kurt Doehnert to secure speaker for eTWD
Action: Debbie Lilu to secure speaker from FRC-SW to brief Digital Pen and Paper, and secure speakers for AP&IG from RRAD and OC-ALC.
Additionally, Service representatives were asked to go back to their organizations and determine if there were any other technologies which should be added to the forum, such as interactive technical manuals, etc. (See the attached abstract). Once POCs are identified, we will schedule a planning call to coordinate presentations.
Exoskeleton: MANTIS and Zero-G Arm Forum:
This forum will be conducted on 24 February from 1:00-3:00 pm. NAVSEA has the lead for the presentations and has already begun planning. Greg Kilchenstein asked the other Service representatives to look at what they might be doing in this area so we could add it to the forum.
Future JTEG Technology Forums:
The monthly JTEG technology forum format has proven to be a highly effective collaboration tool. Participation levels have been steady and feedback received has been very positive. We will continue the monthly forum format. The group brainstormed and identified seventeen possible technology areas for future forums (Attached). Service representatives were asked to contact their depot and technology representatives over the next couple weeks to identify additional candidates. Once received, the JTEG Principals will meet to prioritize and select the technology areas to be scheduled for 2015. The technology forums will then be added to the events section of the JTEG website and will include an abstract that identifies what will be discussed.
JTEG Principals “Deep Dive” into the JTEG Website:
Greg Kilchenstein recommended having a session with the JTEG Principals to go over the JTEG website and identify changes/additions which would make the website more useful or user friendly. NCMS has a new IT professional to support us. We will look to schedule in the next month. Greg also discussed creating some type of “active” collaboration to approach leadership with a common view.
Action: JTEG Principals review the JTEG website and be prepared to discuss their recommendations for changes /improvements to the website.
Action: Ray Langlais to schedule teleconference
JTEG Principals’ Monthly Meeting:
It was agreed to schedule a monthly JTEG Principals’ teleconference on the first Wednesday of each month at 9:00 – 10:00 am EST rather than continue with the event-driven format we have been using lately. The agenda would include a “hot wash” of the last technology forum, a planning session for the next technology forum, discussion of new technology ideas submitted, and any other topics.
Action: Ray Langlais to schedule reoccurring monthly JTEG Principal calls.
- Service representatives to contact the project POCs for eTWD, AP&IG, and Digital pen and paper, to inform them of their requested participation in the 4 Feb forum (Action: Kurt Doehnert, Debbie Lilu, Robert Kestler/Tim Serafin)
- Service representatives determine if there were any other technologies which should be added to the forum. (Action: All Service Representatives)
- Service representatives look at what they might be doing in the human augmentation or “exoskeleton” area to possibly add to the 24 February forum. (Action: All Service Representatives)
- Service representatives to contact their depot and technology people over the next couple weeks to identify additional JTEG Tech Forum candidates. Once received, the JTEG Principals will meet to down select which technology areas will be added to the monthly technology forum calendar. (Action: All Service Representatives)
- Schedule a session with the JTEG Principals to go over the JTEG website and identify changes/additions to the website. (Action: Ray Langlais)
- Schedule a monthly JTEG Principals’ teleconference on the first Wednesday of each month at 9:00 – 10:00 am ESD. (Action: Ray Langlais)
3 February – Electronic Point of Maintenance Inspection and Repair Data Tools Forum (1:00-3:00 pm EST)
4 February – JTEG Principals’ teleconference (9:00 – 10:00 am EST)
24 February – Exoskeleton: MANTIS and Zero-G Arm Forum (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST)
POC this action is Ray Langlais, LMI, email@example.com, (571) 633-8019