JTEG Minutes – 6 Sept 12 – Pentagon 5A712A
Attendees: Mr Greg Kilchenstein – OSD(MPP) – Greg.Kilchenstein@osd.mil
Mr Kurt Doehnert – NAVSEA – firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Lilu – NCMS – email@example.com
Mr. Phil Callihan – NCMS – PhilC@ncms.org
Mr Andrew Green – NCMS – Webpage Designer – AndrewG@ncms.org
Mr. Matt Heddle – NCMS – MattH@ncms.org
Mr Ray Langlais – LMI – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Dan Sny – LMI – email@example.com
JTEG Webpage Design
Today’s special session continued the JTEG webpage design discussion to include another look at the initial design, pull down menus, and overall format of the page. As a reminder, the webpage has been initiated, though not yet populated, at http://jteg.ncms.org. Currently, a login and password (provided by NCMS) are required to access the website.
Comments and edits are captured below:
- The opening banner will need to be populated with pictures of depot maintenance activities. All were encouraged to send what they have to the web designers
- Within the “Tech Corner” portion of the webpage –
- To improve the visual attributes the designers will add a graphic of a “virtual depot maintenance facility” with active buttons placed within the graphic that will take a user to one of 12 technology areas when clicked.
- When projects are posted within the 12 technology areas they will be listed alphabetically
- A process will be developed to define the method (and associated button added) that should be used when someone wants to post ideas, needs, projects, and documents to the webpage. Also, a mechanism to alert the JTEG chair that an item requiring their review before posting will also be developed by the web designers
- A “submit a project” button will be added to the main page “slider” (goal being to make it as easy as possible and to not discourage submission but require minimum data as it matures towards a JTEG advocated project)
- A “funding opportunities” tab will be added to top of the homepage and will link to a list of DoD programs that support technology insertion
- The “members access” tab on the top of the homepage will be changed to read “JTEG Principals Access”
Additionally, Mr. Kilchenstein will investigate the FISMA requirements that must be met before the JTEG webpage can go live.
NEXT JTEG MEETING: Target date is xxxxxxxx. Need to coordinate with calendars.
NEW ACTION ITEMS
AI-30 – Forward a graphic of a “virtual depot maintenance facility” for review, edit, and submission to the webpage designers for incorporation into the “tech corner” area
POC – Greg Kilchenstein send to Dan Sny/Ray Langlais
S: 14 Sep 2012
AI-31 – develop a process that defines the method that should be used when someone wants to post ideas, needs, projects, and documents to the webpage and forward to the web designers for incorporation into the webpage.
POC – Ray Langlais
S: 14 Sep 2012
AI-32 – Investigate the FISMA requirements that must be met before the JTEG webpage can go live.
POC – Greg Kilchenstein / Ray Langlais
S: 14 Sep 2012
OLD ACTION ITEMS
AI-7 – Forward to LMI a POC from each service depot to take part in the monthly JTEG mtgs
POC – all in the group
S: 26 Apr 2012
(NOTE: NAVSEA, USAF, NAVAIR & USMC have provided)
AI-8 – each Service representative consider initiating (or continuing) an intra-service forum to discuss technology insertion at depot maintenance activities, and welcome inter-service participation.
POC – All
AI-27 – Update the JTEG Communications Plan to reflect the JTEG co-chair responsibilities related to the access and content control of the JTEG website
POCs – Ray Langlais and Dan Sny
S: POCs will author the subject addition to the JTEG Communications Plan for review and discussion by the JTEG Principals at an upcoming JTEG meeting by 1 Sep 12.
AI-29 – Provide the webpage designers with a matrix to initially designate which category of content would likely contain information requiring open or restricted access, define the types of access, and review/comment on the proposed initial menus. Also provide a menu/pull down menu architecture for initial design.
POC – Ray Langlais and Dan Sny
S: Completed and CLOSED