JTEG Principals Teleconference Minutes – 12 October 2016
Mr. Greg Kilchenstein – OSD
Ms. Janice Bryant – NAVSEA
Mr. Tim Serafin – NAVAIR
Mr. Luke Burke – AFSC
Mr. Robert Kestler – NAVAIR
Mr. Kurt Doehnert – NAVSEA
Mr. Jason Valcourt – AMC
Ms. Debbie Lilu – NCMS
Mr. Ray Langlais – LMI
*Not in attendance: A rep from USMC, DLA, and JCS J4
On 12 October 2016 the Joint Technology Exchange Group (JTEG) Principals and representatives conducted a monthly teleconference. A brief summary of the teleconference follows:
The JTEG welcomed back Kurt Doehnert as a NAVSEA co-principal/representative.
Reviewed Previous Forum:
Sep 27 – Asset Visibility; What, Where and Condition:
1) The forum was cancelled due to unexpected scheduling conflicts with speakers and JTEG Principals
2) The forum topic has been rescheduled for Feb 28, 2017.
Upcoming JTEG Technology Forums:
1) Oct 25 – Fiber Optic Systems Repair, Test, and Training: Mark Beranek (NAWCAD) and the Joint Fiber Optic Working Group (JFOWG) will create the agenda and obtain the presenters. Below are the identified topics:
1) Joint Fiber Optic Working Group (JFOWG) – Mark Beranek (NAWCAD)
2) Fiber Optic Built-In Test
3) Optical Time Domain Reflectometer Enabled Transceiver
4) Fiber Optic Cable Mechanical Splicing
5) Fiber Optic Connector Inspection
2) Nov 29 – Technology Enhanced Workforce Development: Some of the possible topics discussed include:
a. “Enhancing maintenance with Augmented and Mixed Reality Technologies” (NSWC – Philadelphia) – #37 on the MIC Submission list. Janice Bryant will contact the POC.
b. USMC Augmented Reality Paint Simulator – (Debbie Lilu / Bill Baker)
c. Orlando (NAVAIR) – (Robert Kestler to contact POC.)
d. “Innovative Training Solutions” (AFETS) #43 on MIC– Luke Burke to contact POC.
e. Depot of the Future (Army) – Jason Valcourt to contact POC
Maintenance Innovation Challenge (MIC) Finalists Selection: The JTEG Principals and representatives discussed the results of the MIC Scoresheets and the selected the six finalists based on those results. A packet of the 6 finalists will be sent to the MESC/P2P Depot Commanders to score the finalists and select a winner. (LMI/OSD)
The group agreed to add an additional scoring category next year which will rank the “level of innovation” of the submission. Newer ideas or technologies would be scored higher than older ideas and those which have been previously submitted.
Revised JTEG Forum: The JTEG Forum schedule will undergo the following changes:
• Dec 5 – Additive Manufacturing Town Hall (2016 DoD Mx Symposium) (Added)
• Jan 31 – Additive Repair Supporting Maintenance Operations (Moved from Dec 20)
• Feb 28 – Asset Visibility; What, Where and Condition (Rescheduled from Sep)
All JTEG Principals and representatives were asked to bring suggested forum topics to the next JTEG Principals’ Call on November 9*.
*(Note: The JTEG Principals’ meeting is moved to Nov 9th due to the “Letterkenny Technology Showcase” on Nov 2-3.)
1) Contact SMEs in your organization to identify potential speakers for the Nov 29 JTEG Forum on “Technology Enhanced Workforce Development” (See #2 above). (JTEG Principals/Reps & NCMS)
2) Bring recommended JTEG Forum topics to the 9 November JTEG Principals’ Call (You can submit them to me prior to the call also). (ALL)
3) Prepare and send a packet of the 6 finalists to the MESC/P2P Depot Commanders to score the finalists and select a winner. Suspense for scorers is 31 October. (LMI/OSD)
• Oct 25 – Fiber Optic Systems Repair, Test, and Training – JTEG Forum
• Nov 9 – JTEG Principals’ Meeting
• Nov 29 – Technology Enhanced Workforce Development – JTEG Forum
POC this action is Ray Langlais, LMI, firstname.lastname@example.org, (571) 633-8019