2016 Maintenance Innovation Challenge Submissions
The 2016 DOD Maintenance Symposium challenged you to summit your maintenance related innovations. An evaluation board comprised of maintenance subject matter experts will select six candidates to participate in the challenge during the 2016 DOD Maintenance Symposium, December 5-8, 2016.
On August 22,2016, the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense issued a Memorandum for Maintenance Community Members calling for abstracts for the Maintenance Innovation Challenge. Following the call for abstracts, full details, rules, and submission rules were published in the Maintenance Innovation Challenge flier.
In all, 92 submissions were collected and reviewed. These can be found below, grouped in the common categories of Additive Manufacturing, Autonomic Logistics, Business Processes / Partnerships, CBM+, Coatings / Corrosion Prevention, Enhanced Inspection, Reliability Improvement (Hardware), and Training / Misc.
Previous Great Ideas and Maintenance Innovation Challenge Winners Include:
- 2015: USCG Aviation Bonded Material Inspection System – Rusty G. Waldrop, US Coast Guard
- 2014: Laser Technology for Aerospace Maintenance and Sustainment Applications – Deb Naguy, United States Air Force
- 2012: IFDIS – Expanding Role within the DoD Maintenance Enterprise – Ken Anderson, Universal Synaptics Corp.
- 2011: Modernization of Metal Electroplating with No-Mask Conforming Anodes – George Cushnie, Advanced Tooling Corporation
- 2010: Intermittent Fault Detection & Isolation System (IFDIS) Ken Anderson, Universal Synaptics Corp
- 2009: Bolt Securing System – Ms. Julie Pereyra, NORD-LOCK Inc.
- 2008: 3FAST (Fast, Field Fluid Assessment Support Tools) – Commander Dave Scalf, JOAP