Deadline for Innovations: Friday, September 15, 2017
The Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Maintenance is challenging you to submit your maintenance related innovations. An evaluation board comprised of maintenance subject matter experts will select six candidates to participate in the challenge during the 2017 DOD Maintenance Symposium, December 4-7, 2017. As an added feature, the audience will have the opportunity to select the 2017 Maintenance Innovation Challenge People’s Choice award from the six finalists presenting.
Submitting for the Maintenance Innovation Challenge
- Download the MIC Abstract Form and Quad Chart template
- Complete both documents and save. Files must be PDF and PowerPoint respectively
- Complete MIC Submission form on this page.
- Upload saved files. Uploaded files must be reviewed and approved for public release.
- Submit form.
Previous Great Ideas and Maintenance Innovation Challenge Winners Include:
- 2016: Large Area Thermographic NDI of Composite Structures – Clint Salter, NAVAIR and Maria Beemer, Thermal Wave Imaging, Inc.
- 2015: USCG Aviation Bonded Material Inspection System – Rusty G. Waldrop, US Coast Guard
- 2014: Laser Technology for Aerospace Maintenance and Sustainment Applications – Deb Naguy, United States Air Force
- 2012: IFDIS – Expanding Role within the DoD Maintenance Enterprise – Ken Anderson, Universal Synaptics Corp.
- 2011: Modernization of Metal Electroplating with No-Mask Conforming Anodes – George Cushnie, Advanced Tooling Corporation
- 2010: Intermittent Fault Detection & Isolation System (IFDIS) Ken Anderson, Universal Synaptics Corp
- 2009: Bolt Securing System – Ms. Julie Pereyra, NORD-LOCK Inc.
- 2008: 3FAST (Fast, Field Fluid Assessment Support Tools) – Commander Dave Scalf, JOAP